Mission and Values
The Mercer University College of Pharmacy seeks to prepare its professional and postgraduate students to effectively contribute to and improve health care through excellence in patient-centered care and research.
STATEMENT OF COLLEGE GOALS
- Provide an education that is effective, innovative and comprehensive.
- Foster an environment that is caring and responsive toward all constituents.
- Ensure quality of programs through continuous evaluation and improvement.
- Encourage diversity and adhere to the values of the University's Judeo-Christian heritage while respecting the pluralistic values of our society.
- Provide an environment where students participate in active learning and interprofessional education and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Foster personal and professional growth and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Support a highly qualified faculty in their pursuit of teaching, scholarly activity, and service in recognition that these activities are integral components of continuing professional growth.
- Conduct basic, translational, and applied research emphasizing scientific advancement, educational methods, and improving healthcare outcomes.
- Prepare graduates to assume leadership roles in their communities and profession.
- Provide postgraduate education including graduate programs, residencies, fellowships, and certificate programs.
- Participate with other stakeholders in the development of new and improved practice models.
The College of Pharmacy will be recognized nationally for outstanding contribution to health sciences in teaching, service and research
The College of Pharmacy bases its educational program and position in the health care community upon certain core values. The core values of the College are excellence, integrity, caring, innovation, learning, professionalism and commitment.