Prerequisites and Admissions Checklist
All applicants seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program must submit all required application materials (see checklist below) and meet the following requirements prior to enrollment in the program:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology, or an equivalent degree in a related area, or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
- Minimum undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of at least 40 percentile in the verbal section and at least 60 percentile in the quantitative section.
- For applicants from a country where the primary language is other than English, a minimum TOEFL score of 100 on the internet-based test is required or a minimum IELTS score of 7.5 is required.
- Qualified applicants with complete files and who meet or exceed the admissions criteria listed above may be invited to campus for a personal interview.
Program Application Checklist
DEADLINE: Application deadline is May 15 for the fall term and Sept. 1 for the spring term. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed for the next available semester.
All applicants are required to submit the following items by the deadline to make their application complete (incomplete applications are not considered for admission):
- Completed application
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 sent in the form of a check or money order to the address below.
Recommendations from three people who are able to judge the applicant’s accomplishments and academic ability. A recommendation form will automatically be sent to each of the three references listed on the submitted application after you submit your e-application.
- Official GRE scores must be submitted using the correct institution code: Mercer U Coll of Pharmacy (5623) and department code (0613)
- Official transcripts, sent directly from the college or university for all college level work completed to earn a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- International students or domestic students with credentials from institutions outside the United States are required to have those credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation service. This evaluation must include an analysis of courses, grades, grade point average and U.S. degree equivalency. Mercer University accepts evaluations from the following three services:
- An official evaluation report must be sent to the address below to be included in the application. Applicants whose native language is not English must also demonstrate satisfactory proficiency in English language as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL scores must be submitted using the correct institution code: Mercer U Coll of Pharmacy (5623) Dept Code (0613). Until this procedure has been accomplished, an application for admission cannot be considered.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mercer University College of Pharmacy
3001 Mercer University Drive
Atlanta, GA 30341
Phone: (678) 547-6730