Whether you major in science or sociology, there’s a place for you at Mercer’s College of Pharmacy. From compounding chemicals to counseling and caring for patients, pharmacy is informed by science yet driven by the practice of educating and serving others and improving patient care. No other pharmacy school understands this better than us. And as we have learned, we have proudly led. So begin your journey with us now and help lead the way in pharmacy practice.
- Looking for a top-ranked school? We are the #1 private pharmacy school in the Southeast, according to the 2016 and 2020 U.S. News & World Report.
- Begin Mercer Pharmacy in January or August.
- Students entering in 2019 or later and enrolled in the Pharm.D. program who do not hold a bachelor’s degree will earn a bachelor’s of science degree from Mercer University upon successful completion of two years of the Pharm.D. program. (You may even walk in the university Commencement ceremony at that time for your B.S. degree.) Continue on for another two years to earn your Pharm.D.
- We are located in Atlanta, abound with rotation opportunities, including large statewide healthcare systems, pharmaceutical companies, managed care organizations and government agencies, like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Exclusive to Mercer for first- and second-year students interested in the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, health outcomes research or health policy are internships at UCB biopharmaceutical company, the Medical Affairs Company, InPharmD drug information service, North Georgia Rheumatology and Mercer’s Center for Clinical Outcomes Research and Education.
- We award $1 million in scholarships each year.
- Supportive student environment and culture — We are Pharmily!
- Your Professional Development and Engagement course will bring you together with our alumni and other leaders in pharmacy.
- Our students are active in 15 chapters of national and regional pharmacy organizations and 2 student councils.
- For 2019, Mercer graduates have the highest average score for first attempts in the state of Georgia with 93.75%. The average national 2019 NAPLEX score is 88.34%.
- Same goes for the MPJE first-attempt pass rate. Mercer is 83% for 2019. The national average is 83.58%.