Our Mission and Strategic Plan
Moving Pharmacy Forward.
Our Differential Advantage
Located in the vibrant Atlanta metropolitan area, Mercer University College of Pharmacy is one of the most diverse pharmacy schools in the nation. We offer students a robust educational experience through an expansive network of healthcare providers. With a legacy of caring for more than a century, we prepare our students to lead the pharmacy profession and face the future challenges of a dynamic healthcare environment.
Mercer University’s College of Pharmacy advances health through innovations in teaching, research, patient-centered care, and service.
Critical Factors for Success
- Advocate for the optimal care of our patients.
- Attract, recruit, and retain the highest quality students, faculty, and staff.
- Establish partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances.
- Create and deliver an engaging and relevant curriculum in accordance with best practices.
- Acquire appropriate resources, support, and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
- Conduct and disseminate cutting-edge research that addresses real-world problems.
- Provide leadership and service to the community and the profession.
- Grow student enrollment, progression, licensure, and placement of choice.
Empower ourselves and others to cultivate a passion for enriching health and improving lives.
Indicators of Success
- Graduates are preferentially sought after by employers.
- Partnerships expand our influence on the health of our communities, both domestic and international.
- The College is viewed as a resource to change the practice of pharmacy and improve health.
- Our research solves problems, reaches commercial success, and is cited in publications.
- An active alumni network of professionally diverse leaders gives back to the College in service and education.
- Diverse faculty and students.
- Leadership in healthcare innovation.
- Distinguished faculty recognized as leaders in healthcare.
- A high-quality applicant pool seeks a Mercer education because of its reputation.
- Students and faculty in leadership positions are recognized at national and international levels.
- A culture of inclusiveness and caring that is emulated by other universities.
- Students are empowered to address the gaps they see in the healthcare industry.
The College of Pharmacy bases its educational program and position in the healthcare community upon certain core values. The core values of the College are excellence, integrity, caring, innovation, learning, professionalism, and commitment.