Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program
Preparing for the Profession
July 8 – 10, 2020
Mercer University’s Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program (PSSP) provides an opportunity for high school students to gain exposure to the pharmacy profession. The three-day program includes immersive experiences such as observational tours of local hospital pharmacies as well as engagement in interactive career exploration activities. Pharmacy faculty members, pharmacist practitioners, and current student pharmacists serve as facilitators, activity coordinators and mentors.
The Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program is a daytime program that is open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors in the metro Atlanta area who have an interest in a potential career in pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences. The three-day program is held on Mercer University’s Atlanta campus from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day.
- “Preparing for the Profession” seminar
- Collegiate-level academic activities
- Pharmacy site visit
- Pharmacist panel
- Ongoing mentorship
- Many more immersive experiences
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria for Acceptance
- Must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 (verified by guidance counselor).
- Must be a rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Must have interest in pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences.
- Extracurricular activities and honors/ awards should also be included in application.
Complete this application. Please note that applicants must upload their 2020 high school transcript, which must be signed by their high school guidance counselor.
The application deadline is April 15, 2020. Applicants will receive a decision by April 30, 2020.
All participants are required to submit proof of current health insurance and signed permission forms upon selection for the program.
Tumyra Byron, Admissions Counselor
Mercer Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program – PAC-121
Mercer University College of Pharmacy
3001 Mercer University Dr
Atlanta, GA 30341