Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program
From Potions to Public Health
July 16-18, 2019
Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
Mercer’s Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program is a three-day program designed to provide insight into the pharmacy profession. The program is open to metro Atlanta high school students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors in the 2019-2020 school year and who have an interest in pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences. Pharmacy Scholars will have opportunities to learn more about the career pathways and educational opportunities in pharmacy.
Mercer’s Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program is coordinated by the Mercer University College of Pharmacy's Office of Admissions. Pharmacy faculty, pharmacist practitioners and current Mercer pharmacy students serve as leaders and counselors during program activities. This day program is held on the Atlanta Campus of Mercer University, and takes place from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. each day.
Activities and Workshops include:
- Career Panel
- Compounding Lab
- Drug ID / Information
- Patient Caring
- Pharmacy Field Trip
- Pharmacy / Healthcare Ethics
- Pre-Pharmacy Academics
- Pharmacy School Admissions
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria for Acceptance:
- Should have preferred cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 (verified by guidance counselor/school administrator).
- Must be rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Must have interest in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical sciences.
- Extracurricular activities and honors/awards should also be included in application.
A completed application packet consists of the following items:
- Completed application form
- Typed statements answering questions included on application form
- Grade verification form submitted by high school counselor/school administrator
Successful applicants will be notified by email of their acceptance into the Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program no more than two weeks after their application and grade verification forms have been received.
All participants are required to submit proof of current health insurance and signed permission forms upon selection.
Ms. Tumyra Byron, Admissions Counselor
Mercer Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program - PAC-121
Mercer University College of Pharmacy
3001 Mercer University Dr
Atlanta, GA 30341