Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program
July 10-12, 2017
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
Mercer’s Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program is a three-day program designed to provide insight into the pharmacy profession. The program is open to metro Atlanta high school students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors in the 2017-2018 school year and who have an interest in pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences. Pharmacy Scholars will have opportunities to learn more about the career pathways and educational opportunities in pharmacy.
Mercer’s Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program is coordinated by the Mercer University College of Pharmacy's Office of Admissions and is co-sponsored by Walgreens. Pharmacy faculty, pharmacist practitioners and current Mercer pharmacy students serve as leaders and counselors during program activities.
Activities and Workshops include:
- Career Panel
- Compounding Lab
- Drug ID / Information
- Patient Caring
- Pharmacy Field Trip
- Pharmacy /Healthcare Ethics
- Pre-Pharmacy Academics
- Pharmacy School Admissions
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria for Acceptance:
- Should have cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 (verified by guidance counselor/school administrator).
- Must be rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Must have interest in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical sciences.
- Extracurricular activities and honors/awards should also be included in application.
A completed application packet consists of the following items:
- Completed application form
- Typed statements answering questions included on application form
- Grade verification form submitted by high school counselor/school administrator
Successful applicants will be notified by email of their acceptance into the Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program within two weeks after their application and grade verification forms have been received.
All participants are required to submit proof of current health insurance and signed permission forms upon selection.
Program tuition is $200.00, which includes lunch each day, instruction materials, laboratory supplies, t-shirt, and field trip transportation expenses. A limited number of stipends are available to participants requiring tuition assistance.
Mrs. Kaylee King, Admissions Counselor
Mercer Pharmacy Scholars Summer Program - PAC-121
Mercer University College of Pharmacy
3001 Mercer University Dr
Atlanta, GA 30341