Mission and Values
Mercer University's College of Pharmacy advances health through innovations in teaching, research, patient-centered care and service.
Critical Factors for Success
- Advocate for the optimal care of our patients.
- Attract, recruit and retain the highest quality students, faculty and staff.
- Establish partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances.
- Create and deliver an engaging and relevant curriculum in accordance with best practices.
- Acquire appropriate resources, support and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
- Conduct and disseminate cutting edge research that addresses real-world problems.
- Provide leadership and service to the community and the profession.
- Grow student enrollment, progression, licensure and placement of choice.
Empower ourselves and others to cultivate passion to enrich health and improve lives.
Indicators of Success
- Graduates are preferentially sought after by employers.
- Partnerships expand our influence in the health of our communities, both domestic and international.
- The College is viewed as a resource to change the practice of pharmacy and improve health.
- Our research solves problems, reaches commercial success and is cited in publications.
- An active alumni network of professionally diverse leaders give back to the College in service and education.
- Diverse faculty and students.
- Leadership in healthcare innovation.
- Distinguished faculty recognized as leaders in healthcare.
- A high-quality applicant pool seek a Mercer education because of its reputation.
- Students and faculty in leadership positions are recognized at national and international levels.
- A culture of inclusiveness and caring that is emulated by other universities.
- Students are empowered to address the gaps they see in the healthcare industry.
The College of Pharmacy bases its educational program and position in the health care community upon certain core values. The core values of the College are excellence, integrity, caring, innovation, learning, professionalism and commitment.